IBM Cloud offers comprehensive solutions. Applications and data will be stored safely in data stores and accessible from anywhere. The cloud is not just a means for data storage.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
This is a cloud computing offer which provides access to computation resources (e.g. servers, data storage systems, network environment). The customer uses their own platforms and applications within the infrastructure.
- The infrastructure can be adapted to individual requirements.
- Very quick and simple optimisation of hardware resources
- Savings for purchasing and maintenance of your own hardware
- More space for your own development
- With this service, you only pay for what you actually use.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
PaaS provides a platform for operating applications with tools for management, development and monitoring of applications. The offer includes a complete environment where you can create and subsequently operate your own applications. It is possible to develop in basically any programming language.
- Tools for development, testing and hosting of applications in one environment
- No infrastructure management, all of your energy dedicated to the development itself
- The provider takes care of security, OS, server software and back-ups
- Better collaboration for remotely operating teams
Software as a Service (SaaS)
SaaS is a cloud computing offer in which the provider delivers their own software solution. The applications are access via web or API interfaces; there is no local installation. All of supporting infrastructure, other software and data are placed in the service provider’s data centre.
- The applications and software are provided on the basis of subscriptions.
- There is no need to manage or update your software; the provider takes care of everything.
- Customer data is safely stored in the cloud; potential failure does not result in data loss.
- Service usage can be modified according to customer needs.
- Thanks to minimal demands of the station, the applications can be basically accessed from anywhere in the world.